POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : no smooth edges even with Antialiasing : no smooth edges even with Antialiasing Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:26:16 EDT (-0400)
  no smooth edges even with Antialiasing
From: D  H  Berlin
Date: 20 Aug 2004 02:10:00
Message: <web.412595175b7ef1e2815b56e50@news.povray.org>
Hi!

I do attach a small picture which shows what I mean.
The edges are really bad at the pen's main part. (On the right in the
picture:)

What can I do against this?
Are there some general settings which could prevent this?

If rendered in a smaller form, the edges/texture are even worse.

Greetings
Dieter

#macro pen (pr,pml,peakl,number_of_sides,maintex,peaktex,minetex)
// pr = penradius; pml = pen main part length; peakl = whole peak's length;
// number_of_sides = number_of_sides;
// maintex / peaktex / minetex = texture of main part / peak / mine
  #local mineradius = pr/3.8;
  #local plane_x = cos( 2*pi/number_of_sides / 2 ) * pr;
  #local i=0;
  intersection{
    union{ cylinder {0 <0,pml,0> pr }
           cone{ <0,peakl/10,0> pr*11/10 <0,-peakl,0> 0
              texture { gradient y
                      texture_map {
                        [ 0.0 minetex ]
                        [ 0.3 minetex ]